Somatic Healing- Personal Sessions
Is your body holding on to stress and trauma?
You’re highly sensitive and feel the world deeply, and your body feels it all.
This allows you to do immensely successful and creatively juiced work, and it also means that your body takes on ALL the stress.
And… there may be past experiences or events that are still held in your body’s memory. (Our bodies hold the records and imprints of trauma, long after the fact… and even if we think we “should be over it.”)
Unresolved trauma shows up in various ways. One common manifestation is an underlying stream of anxious thoughts, alternating with feeling drained or depleted.
(That’s because our nervous system is constantly looking to resolve the unknown threat.… followed by an inevitable crash of all that energy).
This might lead to physical symptoms such as headaches, insomnia, and tension (especially in the neck and shoulders). You might find yourself feeling extreme anxiousness surrounding that important meeting or project or a lack of clarity around making decisions.
There’s often a feeling of being somehow “out of sync” with your own energy. Even if you’ve managed to accomplish incredible achievements, you make things happen by pushing through, and likely experience a crash following a big success.
It can be hard to truly relax, or to stay in deep states of pleasure and joy… because the nervous system has this drive to solve the unknown problem, or to figure out what might be about to go wrong.
If you’re like many of my clients, you’ve already done mindfulness work, therapy, and various healing modalities of many kinds.
You’re spiritually connected and resourced, and you know on some level that all is well; that things are always working out for you.
But the body doesn’t seem to have caught up with that knowledge, and continues to churn out stress hormones and adrenal surges and crashes- leading to exhaustion and a sense of spinning your wheels in different versions of the same experience.
And even though you have a thorough understanding of your patterns…the intellectual understanding hasn’t led to real change.
You may have worked with affirmations and shifting your thoughts (and you wonder, if you were more disciplined about your meditation practice, whether things would resolve).
(Affirmations and shifting thoughts can be phenomenally powerful, btw). But if we work only at the level of thought and mind, we can leave out the crucial impact that our bodies have on our overall state and well being.
Maybe you’re doing endless practices to help your body manage stress… yoga, stretching, breathwork… but finding it only goes so far and doesn’t bring the level of change that you’d hoped.
(These practices can be transformational when used along with a trauma-informed approach to shifting what’s happening in the stress physiology).
And one of the biggest challenges that my clients experience is that when things finally start to go really well, it feels impossible to trust that it’s safe…
…some part of you feels certain that something’s going to crash and take it all away.
If this describes you, I know something about you. I know there’s a reservoir of capacity and capability beneath the stress. That when you do tap into that stream of creative flow, your energy comes on and your body and energy field light up.
There’s a deep, unshakeable, body-level confidence because you’re doing what you’re wired for, and a pleasurable sense of feeling relaxed, focused, energized, and fully present.
How would it be for that to be your new baseline?
We create this kind of body-level transformation by:
- learning new skills for working with the nervous system
- gaining an embodied understanding of how your nervous system’s meant to function… and where it’s gone off course
- teaching the body to come out of fixated fight/ flight/ freeze patterning
- listening deeply to the language of the body and the messages it has to share
- releasing the “charge” of the old threat response, and the loops of stress cycles that have been running the show
- re-patterning old responses to stress
- creating new inherent states of goodness, safety and ease
When we do this, it becomes not just possible but inevitable to bring that deeply relaxed body, divine spark and clear confidence online as your day-to-day existence – because it’s who you naturally are.
So you can…
- feel good interacting with the world effortlessly and easily and clearly.
- bring the strongest and clearest expression of your unique energy to every interaction with loved ones, clients, and anyone you connect with
- feel a sense of grounded confidence as you take on the new project
- experience that kid-like happiness and excitement in life
- sleep soundly and deeply after a day’s work and play because your body has learned how to truly rest (maybe for the first time ever)
- feel free from the past habits and patterns that have sabotaged you when you make a big leap forward
- know you have the resources, capacity and tools to stay in a state that makes achieving your goals from a place of flow a done deal
When we work together in a series of sessions, I’ll walk you through powerful processes to shift the stress response at the body level so it’s no longer running the show.
You’ll uncouple the fear from the creative process (because to truly create, our systems need to feel safe).
You’ll teach your nervous system that it is no longer stuck in the past- that it’s now safe to be relaxed, easy, calmly productive, and successful.
So you can get off the roller coaster of anxiety, of habits that sabotage your success, of energy surges and crashes, of tension and headaches and insomnia..
…all the manifestations of trauma and stress that keep you from fully bringing your best work, and enjoying the fullness of who you’re here to be.
I’ll be handing you my toolkit of the most effective practices and techniques to calm the fight/ flight response and soothe and settle the body.
You’ll work one-on-one with me over Zoom to re-wire your stress responses and create the patterns that help you function at your best.
In between sessions, you’ll work with customized mp3 recordings, based on your system’s needs, to integrate the work and build powerful momentum.
You’ll learn what’s going on beneath the surface, and the reasons why approaches like meditation and mindfulness may not yet have had the profound affect that you’d hoped.
You’ll experience change at a body level that allows the mindfulness work to “land” and shifts the trajectory of your whole healing journey.
So that instead of re-creating past trauma, the body becomes a gateway to the frequency you want to embody and experience.
Based on your needs, your sessions may include…
- Somatic Healing: Releasing past trauma on a body-based level. Transforming the patterns that keep you from fully living and expressing all you’re here to be so you can move into more wholeness, alignment, and creative power.
- Personal & Creative Coaching: Support and accountability in visualizing and clarifying intentions and goals, moving through “upper limits,” and manifesting your creative visions and projects.
- Energy Work and Spiritual Coaching: Learning to feel, understand, and work with with your own energy and chakra system so you can come home to your true nature, inner knowing and deep peace. Connecting more deeply to your soul’s guidance.
- Myofascial Release: Guided practices to unwind habitual tension and restriction in the fascia, so that your whole system’s energy can flow more freely and effortlessly
Rates – Personal Sessions
Sessions are 50 minutes and take place over Zoom.
Here’s how we can work together…
Single Session: 160
- For support in moving through a particular challenge or issue, or reconnecting to your own power and inner guidance.
Package of 10 sessions: 1400
- For transforming old patterns, healing trauma on a body level, coming home to your center, and reconnecting to your purpose and inner guidance as a regular way of being.
- sessions are scheduled weekly or every two weeks, based on your system’s needs
- customized mp3 recordings, for you to integrate the work between sessions
- includes email coaching and support between sessions
Ongoing work: Talk to me!
- For clients who have completed a package of sessions and want to receive regular ongoing support
- Talk to me for customized packages and rates.